Google App Inventor is finally out of closed Beta and is now available for anyone with a Google account. For those of you that don’t know App Inventor lets you develop applications for Android phones using a web browser and either a connected phone or emulator. The App Inventor requires no real programming knowledge and utilizes a drag and drop WYSIWYG development interface. Despite the low barrier of entry, apps created with App Inventor can be as complex as those developed with the normal development tools and the standard API. Applications created with App Inventor can be installed on any Android phone.
Here are the system requirements:
- Macintosh (with Intel processor): Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- GNU/Linux: Ubuntu 8+, Debian 5+
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Apple Safari 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher
You can find the App Inventor in Google labs.